Brazilian Butt Lift – Transfer Your Own Fat to Your Butt
Learn More About Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
Brazilian Butt Lift
Whether you are hoping for a dramatic enhancement or a subtle lift, if you are considering a buttocks augmentation, there are two surgical options: fat injections and buttock implants. Although both procedures have the same goal of enhancing and enlarging the buttocks in order to create a more desirable silhouette, the procedures themselves are very different. When determining the best option for you, it is important to understand the difference between these procedures, as well as the associated recovery time, risks, and results.
The recovery time following a BBL is typically faster than that related to butt implants, as the procedure itself is less invasive. Most patients return to work within one week and can resume most activities within three weeks but there are certain restrictions related to putting pressure directly on the treatment area. Because the BBL is a two-step procedure, patients will be recovering from the liposuction and fat transfer procedure simultaneously.
Following the procedure, the treatment area will be swollen, though the majority of this can be expected to resolve within 2 weeks. As with any surgical procedure, there is a risk of infection, scarring, and bleeding. Although efforts will be made to ensure the survival of fat, there is a risk that some of the transferred fat will be reabsorbed by the body.
Although it may take up to three months to see the final outcome, during which time some transferred fat is reabsorbed by the body, the results of BBL are permanent.
During a buttocks enhancement procedure using implants, the surgeon makes an incision in the buttocks and lifts the gluteus maximus in order to create a pocket for the implants. The implants, made of a soft, gel silicone, are carefully inserted and positioned before the incision is closed.
It may take up to four weeks to recover from butt implant surgery, although most patients gain mobility within two to three days of the procedure. Due to the more invasive nature of this surgery, the recovery is often more painful. Great care must be taken with incision healing and activity restrictions while healing will help to prevent a rotation of the implant.
Although in most instances, patients do not experience excessive swelling, there is a risk that the implants will shift following the procedure, which may lead to asymmetrical results. In addition, there is a risk of infection, bleeding, and nerve or muscle damage.
Following butt implant surgery, the results are immediately visible. However, it often takes as long as six to eight months for patients to get used to the feeling of the implants and move as they normally would.
If you are interested in learning more about buttock enhancement options which will get you to your goal look, please contact our clinic to schedule a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Craft.
- Tips For Dealing With Unmet Plastic Surgery Expectations
- Here Are The Different Breast Implant Options Available To You
- Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Augmentation Using Fat Transfer?
- Questions To Ask Your Breast Augmentation Surgeon
- The Differences Between Natural vs. Augmented Breast Enhancement Results
- How Does the Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation Procedure Work?
- What Are Possible Risks And Complications Of Breast Fat Transfer?
- Breast Implants VS Breast Augmentation Using Fat | What’s The Better Option?
- How Long Does Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Last?
- How To Determine Which Breast Implants Are Best for You?
- What You Should Know About Life With Breast Implants
- What Is A Capsular Contracture?
- The Best Sleeping Positions After Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
- How To Find The Best Surgeon For Breast Augmentation?
- Exercising After A Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift
- How To Choose Your Surgeon For Tummy Tuck?
- How To Prevent Infection After Tummy Tuck?
- What To Do If You Are Unhappy With Your Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- How To Dress After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Can A Tummy Tuck Help You Get Rid Of Stretch Marks?
- How to Tell If a Hybrid Tummy Tuck™ Is Right for You?
- The Main Differences Between a Full VS Mini Tummy Tuck
- The Hybrid Tummy Tuck, Explained
- The Appeal Of A Mini Tummy Tuck Scar VS A Full Tummy Tuck Scar
- How Much Weight Can You Lose From A Tummy Tuck?
- Advantages of A Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
- How To Determine If You’re A Good Candidate For A Mini Tummy Tuck
- How To Prepare For A Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Things You Should Know About Tummy Tuck For Men
Brazilian Butt Lift
- The Risks Of Getting Butt Injections
- The Dangers of Black Market Butt Injections
- Here Is Everything To Know About Butt Injections
- Choosing Between Fat Injections VS Implants For Butt Augmentation
- Types of Butt Injections And How Much They Cost
- The 3 Main Buttock Augmentation Options And Their Pros And Cons
- The Benefits Of Buttock Fillers To Augment Buttock Size
- Sitting Down After A Brazilian Butt Lift
- Who Is A Good Brazilian Butt Lift Candidate?
- Is A Brazilian Butt Lift Safer Than Implants?
- How Is a Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure Performed?
- Exercising After Your Brazilian Butt Lift
- What Is A BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift)
- What Happens If I Lose Weight After A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- The Pros And Cons Of A Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
- How Many Procedures Will I Need For A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- How Long Will It Take To See Results From A Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Brazilian Butt Lift Vs. Buttocks Implants